Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Today is Thompson's 2nd birthday!! I am so excited! It is definitely going to be a little weird saying that I have a 2 year old, but I do. My name is Lenora, and I have a 2 year old. :)

2 years ago RIGHT NOW (8:39am) I started the last part of my labor process. About 30 minutes later I would welcome the most precious thing into my life. He has brought me more smiles and more tears than I ever knew what to do with. He is such a wonderful little boy. I remember when he was about 9 months old or so he loved to scare people. And it was adorable! Everyone knew that Thompson would scare them, he just ate it up.

He is also one of the biggest daredevils I know of. He loves climbing up onto things, definitely not scared of heights. And he isn't afraid to test his limits either. He will do something knowing that you are right there watching him, but still yet, he checks over his shoulder, slyly, just to see if he is going to get caught.

He loves Nemo! And Dora, Diego, Handy Manny, and Bob the Builder. He loves the numbers 2, 3, and 5, and will repeat them over and over and over. He loves to call the Hogs! And he is also excellent with using his manners-- please and thank you are some of his most used words.


Can you tell I am a proud Mom? I just love my little baby more than anything. Hard to believe but his next milestone is going to be "Big Brother". But I know he will be great. We asked him last night "what is he going to do when the baby comes" and he answered "Hug". So cute! I know, I know that there will be plenty of times when the boys will argue and fight, but overall, I know that Thompson has his daddy's heart. They are both so compassionate. And I know that that is going to help him so much later on in life, especially when dealing with his little brother.

But... Thompson can have his "moments". No child can be perfect ALL the time. He rolls his eyes, says No!, and simply ignores me half the time. And yesterday we had the fit of all fits! Not kidding. I guess it was to commemorate the upcoming day, I don't know... but I do know that if something like that EVER (which I know it will) happens again, I might be bald from pulling out all of my hair. It was bad and it lasted for about 30+ minutes.

This road is going to only get harder, knowing that my baby isn't much of a baby anymore. He is definitely a big boy. A big 2 year old!

Happy Birthday, Thompson! Mommy loves you more than you will ever know!





1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Thompson!!!

    Clara's birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe they're two already! :(

    ReplyDelete