Tuesday, September 8, 2009

26 Weeks!

It seems like the weeks are just flying by. And for someone who is pregnant, that is a good thing! I remember when I was pregnant with Thompson, time just drug on. Maybe it was because I was also counting down the days til Robert came home, but it still took FOR-EV-ER!

But today, I am 26 weeks! Next week I will start my 3rd trimester, which I am so excited about!
Here is what Brycen is up to this week!

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


Thompson is such a character these days! He has started singing the little songs that are on his "shows" that he watches and today has started doing this thing where he announces "Ta Da!" and throws his arms out! Like look at me! Ta Da! Too cute.

And his favorite cartoons are his "shows". It's "Mom! Show!" And if you change the channel it' "Oh no, my show!" And he knows that every morning he gets to watch his show but you have to find the 'mote first. (Remote) So he goes around yelling for the 'mote. He cracks me up!

Anyways, Robert goes back to work tomorrow. I can't believe it will already be Wednesday! This Saturday my sister-in-law Shanna is moving back out here, well to Oceanside! I can't wait! Thompson loves seeing Haili and am so glad to know that even if we do have to stay out here, he will have her to grow up with! So next week we are planning on helping her move into her house.

On a side note... I have to really start watching my eating. Apparently...according to my scale, I have gained about 5 pounds in the past week. Yep... not good. So, I will be having to find more healthy recipes to make. I am going to bake some chicken for parmesean chicken tonight. I figured it will still be good and I am not frying the chicken. Plus, I will just eat a little of the pasta. Ugh... I hate this already.

It wouldn't be such a big deal, but with my last pregnancy I gained WAY too much and most of it was in the last month of the pregnancy. So I need to stay on the right track for these last 3 I have. I want to only gain around 10 more pounds if possible. But my body will do whatever it is going to do. And no, I am not one of those freaks about gaining a single pound during pregnancy. I am just one of those that when I do gain it comes in HUGE quantities. (i.e. 5 pounds in a week) So if anyone has any fabulous recipes, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment