Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sleep and decor

Thompson has kinda been a terror lately. I don't hold it against him, knowing that he is just entering the wonderful phase of the "Terrible Two's". But today when I went in to check on him this is what I found:



Is he not the sweetest baby ever?! I walked in and found him sleeping on his changing pad that was stored in the closet. Apparently this is more comfortable than his bed?? Anyways, I thought it was the best.

Usually, food is on my mind all the time! What to eat for breakfast? What to have for lunch? What am I going to cook for dinner? Etc. Well today I cannot for the life of me think of ANYTHING I want to eat for dinner. All I do want is some Sweet Tea. Don't ask me why. So maybe I can talk Robert into going back to the O'Club for dinner. We will see how that turns out!


Ok, I have been thinking of decorating things lately and what I am going to do the rooms in when we move into our new house. Right now I am really into the vinyl wall quotes. I think they are a great, inexpensive way to decorate a room. I plan on using this one above Brycen's crib in his room:



And maybe something like this in our living room




And something like this in the laundry room



I definitely do not want to go vinyl quote overboard, but I think a few here and there are nice touches.

Also, have you seen the chalkboard paint?

It is paint that makes a chalkboard. Pretty nifty in my opinion. Well I think this would be great for the boys' playroom-- especially since it is washable. But... do you think it would teach them to write on walls? I am just looking for creative ways of using this without teaching them bad habits.


1 comment:

  1. Lenora,

    I saw where they used chalk board paint to paint furniture in a kids room like the dresser. i am afraid he will be confused though if you let him paint his stuff but not urs.... so i wouldn't try that! You might paint chalkboard on the wall and let him paint his wall....

    I am glad you finally posted a picture of him! We miss him dearly! Brooklyn called me tonight and wants to go with me to CA when I fly out to see the little man....our new little man and our big little man.

    ReplyDelete