Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crafts!

Thought I would share some of the crafts I made this weekend...

Here is a Zebra frame I made for my niece's room.

Funny story actually... I made the frame and then started looking at it and then asked my sister-in-law what color are zebra's stripes. She then informed me that they were black! Apparently not the white that I painted them! Ha! So hopefully this week I can make a new one for her!


And I am so excited that MAYBE this picture will be hanging in the boys' bathroom in like a year! Ha! Anyways, I found these frames and Dr. Seuss books on a yard sale website and made this awesome picture! The best part? It cost me around $6.00 for the final product! I have 3 more to make and will probably hang them in the future playroom. They are really big and I am afraid that 4 of them might overwhelm a small bathroom. I still have to put a sealer on them, but so far, this is what it will look like. I can't decide whether to the other frames in blue or red. Maybe 2 blue and 1 red? Decisions. Decisions.



Today, I am going to try and finish all of my homework that is due so that way I can enjoy (yeah, right) the trip back to AR. I will probably try and find good puzzle book and bury my nose in that.
One more thing. I was watching a preview for the upcoming episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and laughed my butt off! Seriously. This show is unbelievable. On the preview, they are interviewing one of the pageant mothers and this quote just shows how bright the woman is...
"I am a pageant mom and I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Probably no worse than welfare mom."
Ahhh... the pure wisdom of a deranged mother trying to live through her 4 year old daughter. Nothing like telling them that fake tans, fake teeth, fake hair, fake nails, and anything else they can bedazzle their body with to make them win an obnoxiously huge trophy and crown is a norm.
Thank you Toddlers and Tiaras along with TLC's new views on good entertainment to brighten my day a little and give me that great reminder that as a mother, I might not be so bad afterall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment