Friday, September 25, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - DESSERTS!

Ok, this seriously is the absolute BEST cheesecake you will ever find. You want to know why??? It is Paula Deen's recipe-- enough said!

No, it is the best, and I always receive rave reviews on how great it is. Super easy as well. Since I am in Arkansas and I don't have my cookbook on hand, I am quoting this one off of memory. But trust me, I have made it so many times that I know it by heart.

Ingredients

Crust
1 package of graham crackers
1/2 stick (4 tbsp) melted butter
1/4 cup sugar

Filling
2 eggs
12 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Topping
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Crush up package of graham crackers (I use a food processor) and combine with sugar and butter. Pat into a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Combine eggs and cream cheese, add sugar and vanilla. Beat just until smooth.

Pour into crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Mine usually runs about 28 minutes or until it isn't too jiggly.) Take out of oven and let it set for 10 minutes.

Combine topping ingredients in a bowl and stir til smooth. After cheesecake has cooled for 10 minutes, pour topping on top, spreading it on top of cheesecake. Put back in oven for 10 minutes.

Then remove cheesecake and allow to cool completely. I then put mine in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. But that is just my personal preference.

I hope you make this sometime! It is great for the holidays or just to make when you are really wanting a great cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment