Monday, August 24, 2009

An "Oh So Fabulous Weekend" followed by a not-so-welcome Monday!

I will go ahead and get my rant out of the way. This morning I was prepared to have my ultrasound. Like I have mentioned before, here at the lovely 29 Palms Naval Hospital they do not do ultrasounds until you are 21-24 weeks pregnant. Plus their scheduling time is like 6 weeks out. Well back in July, they called to schedule my appointment. Well I have had today in my head since that day. I have scheduled for this day. Well, I wake up at 6 am to get ready to call at 7 am to confirm my appointment and such only to find out that I was not on the schedule for today, but my appointment was the 20th. I quickly tell them that there must be a mistake because it has always been the 24th, not the 20th .And we all know that I am never wrong. ;) I would then need to call back in an hour to see what could be done. So I call Robert sobbing about it. He then comes home to show me on his phone where I had scheduled it for the 20th. I am first to admit when I am wrong. I screwed up. Royally. So I call back at 8 and apparently I am considered a "No Show" (nice, huh?) I would then need a new referral from my OB to try and schedule a new appt. So I call my OB's office and am talking to this guy who is trying to help me. Toward the end of the conversation I tell him that I appreciate his help and I am just trying to make sure it gets done asap because I am 24 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) and am running out of time. Well the guy then responds to me "Well, maybe you shouldn't have missed your appointment!" WHAT?!?! Oh no he didn't. The last thing I need right now is some guy who I don't even know telling me how bad I screwed up-- like I am not already beating myself up for it. I kindly told him thank you and hung up. Fast forward past the screaming, name calling fit, I decide to call the nice guy back. I proceed to tell him that I did not appreciate his rudeness and I am not the kind of person to blow off appointments, especially ultrasounds. And if I didn't care, do you think I would be calling to confirm my appointment that I thought was for today? He then apologized and said that he was working on my referral. 4 hours later, I know have to call back to radiology in the morning for them to tell me where I can go out in town to have my ultrasound done. Atleast I have some solution to my crisis from this morning. Rant over.


Now, all about our Disneyland trip!!!


We had a blast! Friday evening we spent at Disneyland riding rides, walking around, and waiting for the fireworks. Apparently Thompson is deathly scared of the fireworks so we tried to make the biggest dash out of there when they started. Not the brightest idea. It took us the whole fireworks show to make our way out. They were definitely the absolute best fireworks I have ever seen!


Saturday, we started our day with an "Aloha Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch." Daisy Duck was there to greet us. Thompson did better than expected. He was fine with the characters as long as they didn't sneek up on him and had a nice 5 feet distance. :) We managed to get our family picture made tho. After that we went to Disney's Adventureland. I was expecting a much larger park, but it was still great. We stayed there til the afternoon until we all were about to pass out. We were tired! So we went back to the hotel and took a nap. After that, we went to the Downtown Disney and ate dinner and shopped around.


Sunday, we had a private breakfast in one of the hotel's ballroom. It was great! Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy were there and we managed to get our picture made with all of them. YAY!!! Afterwards, we headed back down to Downtown Disney and Robert got to go to the ESPN Zone thingy. (Restaurant with a huge arcade) So after I WHOOPED his butt in basketball shooting and race car driving, we went home. Ha! He did, however, beat me at motorcycle driving. :)


We got home around 4, ordered Domino's, and lounged around all evening. It was great!


Here are some pics from this weekend!








<>

1 comment: