Tuesday, August 11, 2009

22 Weeks

Today is my 22 week mark! I really can't believe we are more than half way done! Here is what Brycen is up to this week:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

He is getting pretty big, huh? I was in the grocery store the other day and saw a spaghetti squash and was like "Whoa!"


Robert has left, yet again, for the field today. There are always the pros and cons of him leaving. I LOVE having the tv all to myself!! And of course I get the whole bed to sprawl out in! But, I do hate being by myself and not having him here to talk to and pester! :) He should be back Thursday or so!


Oh, I almost forgot... we won a FREE trip to...


DISNEYLAND!!!

Last week, I received an email about an opportunity that the Operation Homefront was offering to the families of the 29 Palms base. So, I entered us in and they called yesterday with the awesome news!!!

The Riedel Family-- here is what you have won!!!

2 Nights stay in one the Disneyland park hotels, 2 rooms included

2 Free park tickets

2 Free Twilight park tickets that may be used after 4pm

$100 in free food

$50 in gift cards

Whoo Hoo!!! I...I mean Thompson, is going to have so much fun!!! We get to go next weekend, and since I am school-free til then, I am going to research the park and what we are going to do while there. My sister, Brittany, has included an awesome post about the park with some unusual facts that you probably did not know. Hmmm...

So be on the lookout for my Disney-tribute posts to come!

Lenora Riedel-- you just won the superbowl! Where are you going next???

I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment