Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 posts in 1 day! What?!?

Well, this whole pregnancy thing has really messed with my mind. If you have been there, you will probably agree. Either I can't remember anything to save my life (2+2=4) or my mind is goes into overdrive. Right now, it is in overdrive!

So funny, but all of a sudden I will think of something (childcare, food, sanity, etc.) and stress on it for atleast a couple of days. Last week, it totally hit me that not only would Thompson be in pre-school but the baby would be in daycare. Stressing over double costs is a little worrysome. Let's just hope I make the big bucks when I get a job. Ha!

Well today it has been all about the baby coming. I will be the first to admit that I was not fully prepared when I went into labor last time. I didn't have "the bag" fully ready and had to have my mom bring all of my stuff. I guess you never really think that "today will be THE day". So now I am already preparing my lists and such. This made me think of food. My husband, bless his heart, cannot cook. Plain and simple. And with us not being around family, I am worrying about meals and such for after baby. I then ran across a topic that I thought was interesting-- once a month cooking. Many people do this for their families. They cook tons of food and freeze it and then reheat it when they need it. So now I am convinced that this is what I need to do. :) I want to make atleast 2-4 weeks of food up and freeze it. I don't know where I will store all of this food, maybe I will buy a deep freeze??? Hmm... Anyways, I am interested to see if anyone does this? I know of a few staples like lasagna, chili, soups, manicotti, enchiladas, and that's about it... If you know of any recipes, please suggest!

Oh and trust me... I have been scouring the world wide web for some recipes, but I always like to hear personal faves!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I forgot to add my lovely story from today.
It's not really lovely actually, I wanted to pull my hair out.
Today, I went to the dentist to get a cleaning. I had never been to this dentist before so of course I had to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Well of course that didn't happen. I was about 5-10 minutes late but luckily there was a play area so I let Thompson run off while I filled out the papers. My appt was at 3 and it was getting to be about 3:20ish so I knew it wouldn't be long before I was to go back. About that time, I round up Thompson to put his shoes back on and get in the stroller. Apparently this is not what he wanted. He then proceeded to throw the biggest tantrum EVER!!! He has just started this screaming from the top of his lungs thing here in the past week or two and I am not loving it. It wouldn't have been so bad, but everything I did to try and calm him down just fired him up more! I was mortified. Simply mortified! It was so bad that the ladies behind the desk asked me if I wanted to reschedule. I, of course, said no and that he would be fine. But 5 minutes later of the non-stop shreiking proved me wrong. I was then notified that he would have to be quiet and in his stroller before I could go back. I then asked to reschedule. It was pitiful. I have never seen him act that way and now I know what people mean when they say that they could beat their kids and not feel guilty about it. :P With tears in my eyes, I picked him up and put him in the stroller and left. So much for first impressions, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment