Tuesday, August 25, 2009

24 Weeks!!! Lots of uncharted territory.

Today is the 24 week mark! Here is what Brycen is up to...

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


Wow! The little guy is getting big! It's hard to believe, but I only have around 3.5 months left. Yesterday we found out that moving back home for the re-enlistment is not even a possibility. Apparently the job that Robert was told about was from an old list and is not even open. It's heart crushing. I was looking forward to moving back to be next to family for such a while now. This reminds me of a verse that I saw a while back:

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

So true. We can plan and plan and plan and it is never really up to us. The Lord has already chosen our path in life and this is just one of our many hurdles. I prayed a lot yesterday. Maybe it was the overwhelming stress or just conviction, but I am always trying to run the show. Just ask my husband :) I feel like I have to have full control of everything or it won't work out. With my ultrasound fiasco and the re-enlistment issues, I just about had it. All I could do was cry. But now, I feel like I have a new outlook towards things. I just need to do my best to keep reciting that verse anytime I do start to feel overwhelmed. It will be ok. Living in California is not a horrible thing. :) So, instead of focusing on the negative, I will try and see the positive. Our new plan will involve Camp Pendleton which is Oceanside, CA. Such a beautiful place!

  • Robert's brother and his family are stationed there.
  • The weather in Southern California is AWESOME!!!
  • We will be about 5 miles from the beach
  • We don't have to worry about purchasing Robert a 4x4 truck (no snow!)
  • I have a bigger chance of finding a great job post graduation
  • We are still going to get our 3 bedroom/2 bath house
  • Robert still does not have to deploy
  • I still get to eat at my favorite restaurants (Chic-fil-a, In N Out Burger, and Rosa's)
  • And going home to visit will still be a treat! I love seeing my family and that time with them will be even more special!

See...it all isn't that bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment