Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pictureless Post!

Well Thompson has stolen my camera card, again! I have looked and looked for it and it is no where to be found. So, I will have to find a spare one until I can find my old one. So, this post is pictureless of my family!

We didn't do much this weekend! We stayed around the house and worked on finishing it up. All we have left is to put Brycen's crib together! We need to go to Lowe's to get some stain and wood putty so Robert can fix where our eldest son gnawed on it like a beaver! ha!

Here is a recap of what has happened this week so far...

Brycen is loving sitting up on his own!

Thompson had a visit to the barber shop on Sunday and got his mop head trimmed up!

Brycen is eating baby food twice a day! 1 container at each sitting! So far he loves sweet potatoes. Squash is ok. And next we are trying carrots!

Thompson has learned to say "Not me!" to everything. If I say "I know a sleepy boy!" He replies, "Not me!". And anytime I say "Thompson, do you know what time it is?" (Which is my way of reminding him that it is bedtime) he says "I love you!" ha! He definitely knows how to work his momma over!
I have realized that I have been spending WAAAY to much money here lately. I know most of it was getting stuff for the house, but it really hit home when I sat down and actually thought about it. So, I have decided to limit my trips to the good ol' Wal-Mart and Target. And, um, Chick-fil-A! The last one will definitely be the hardest! :) Oh, but I do have a good story! Last week we were running errands and decided to grab supper there. We order our food and low and behold that day was "keep your receipt day!" So that means that whatever you order on that day, keep your receipt and bring it back anytime in June and receive the same meal for free! How cool is that!?! I told Robert he should take me there for our anniversary dinner. Sadly, I am not kidding!

Tonight, Robert and Thompson were playing together with these plastic drumsticks and Thompson threw his across the room and it whacked Brycen in the forehead. So now he has a pretty good size knot and it looks like it is going to bruise. Robert freaked out (which is HIGHLY unusual) but I told him what I had always heard, "as long as it is swelling out and not sinking in, it is okay." Top that off with a full day of teething, crying, and a fever, we have had a long day! Poor guy!

The other night I made another angel food cake. But this time I decided to make a mixed berry sauce to go on top! It was super delicious and super easy! I thought I would share the recipe!

1 bag of frozen mixed berries- thawed
1/2 cup of water
3/4 cup of sugar
3 tbsp of cornstarch

Mix the berries, water, and sugar in a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes. Get a few tablespoons of the juice and mix with the cornstarch. Once the cornstarch is dissolved, add back in to the berries. Cook until it is thick. (I smashed my berries up a little bit, but you can definitely leave them whole!)

We are still waiting on our loveseat. I talked to them the other day and they told me that it is on backorder til atleast the 19th. I am definitely peeved, to say the least. I hate when people quote you something and then it keeps changing. If we receive it then, it will be 2 weeks past what they said. Ugh.

This Saturday, Robert and I are going to an event for his work. It is called a "Mess Night" which I have no clue as to what that is! All I know is that I need to dress up and he needs to be in his blues. So, the other day I broke out the dress I wore last May to Robert's Washington DC event. I was scared if the dress even would fit, but low and behold it looked great! I am still dieting, but am going to start working out too. I have been walking, but I need to do something more! I am wanting to lose at least 10 more pounds before my cousin's wedding in July. I have about a month to do it, and I definitely going to give it my all! So... I bought this dvd when I was back in Arkansas and am going to break it out tonight before I go to bed.



Oh, Jillian! I hope you whip my butt into shape! Ha!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment