Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 Month Check Up! :)

I got up this morning bright and early. I got ready, got the kids' clothes laid out, bottle fixed, breakfast made, and then finally woke up the boys. We had an 8:05 appt. at the Naval Hospital which is about 15 minutes away. I had planned to leave the house at 7:30, but we left at 7:40. I still wasn't too stressed.

Until...

I realized that I had forgotten my ID in my jeans at home. We were already 5 miles away, so I had to turn around and go back to the house and get it. We live right next to an elementary school and traffic was HORRIBLE!!! Especially since it was the last day!

I made it to the hospital at 8:10 (give or take a minute or two!) and ran up the ramp with the kids in the stroller. The lady at the desk said that I barely made it before their "10 minute no-show policy". Well thank goodness for the 10 minute rule! Ha! So we get checked in and Brycen is weighing in at a whopping 17 pounds! That is in the 50th percentile. His height is 27.5 inches, 90th percentile. His head size was in the 75th percentile. The doctor was amazed at what all he could do. He showed her how he likes to get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. She told me that he was really advanced for his age developmentally in a lot of areas. That is the best thing a mother could ever hear! It just makes me so proud that he is a healthy boy!

Then the bad part came... SHOTS! Poor guy. He didn't cry too bad. He got 2 cute Garfield bandaids and was good to go! He has had a big smile on his face all day, you wouldn't even know that he had gotten them.

Right now the kids are sleeping and I am thinking about taking a nap too! ha! :)

Here are some pictures of the boys from this morning.



My dishwasher has not been too good to me lately. It hasn't ever worked right and they have "fixed" it once already. So I am waiting on them to figure out what they are going to do. Just to make sure it really wasn't working, I hand washed this glass and then put it in the dishwasher. This is what the "sanitized, clean" glass looks like.


Ummm... I don't think I will be drinking out of this glass anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment