Thursday, June 10, 2010

4 Years Ago Today...

I was doing this...


It honestly seems like ages ago. I was so young, so in love.




Robert had just started his Marine Corps career.



At one point, it was still just the two of us...





We have been through 2 deployments...





Two times of saying "I'll see you soon."



Two Homecomings






We've spent an anniversary together...

We've spent Anniversaries apart...



We have been so lucky to have been together for most of the most of the major holidays!


We have lived in two different towns, 4 different houses.



We've had two beautiful baby boys!







We have been each other's rock and a motivation to succeed!



Four years later, I am still so in love, but have definitely grown so much as well.

We have been through a lot, a lot more than many young couples. But I would definitely not change it for the world. My marriage has made me who I am today. This man that I married is every bit of everything that I had dreamed for in a husband. He has loved me unconditionally, he has been the best father to our children, and he has been a leader for our family.

We are definitely not perfect. We have always said that we fight hard, but love harder. Oh, how that is true.

I know that that passion is what is going to get us through the years ahead. (Not to mention that we are about the most two stubborn people you will have ever met!)

Who knew that my first crush at age 13 would be the man I would someday marry? I am so thankful for the chance of meeting up in life again.

I am so thankful for the chance at a lifetime with this man.


Happy Anniversary Robert! Love you!

4 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post. Congrats to you and Robert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenora, that is a great post! Denver even said that it was great! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say congrats and happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a great post

    ReplyDelete