Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Do you ever have those days???

The ones where your heart feels like it would explode? The ones where you just sit there and cry and thank God for all that you have? Today has been one of those days!

Tonight, I had put Brycen to sleep and was waiting to take him to his bed. I started looking at different blogs and stumbled upon THE RUMLEY FAMILY. It caught my eye because she had such a cute little boy! As I was reading her story, my heart felt like it would explode!! I just sat here crying and crying. I am so thankful for my family. We have 2 healthy baby boys and there is nothing more in the world that I could hope for.

Robert always kids me saying that I favor Brycen over Thompson (which I don't, it's just a joke). But tonight when I was in the middle of my reading, I heard Thompson knocking on his door letting me know that he needed to go to the bathroom. I ran upstairs and opened his door. He ran to the bathroom and when I asked him if he was ready to go back to bed, he just said "Carry Me" and held out his hands. I grabbed my baby boy up and tucked him back in bed. Moments like that just melt my heart.

I came back downstairs and saw my other baby boy just snoozing away in his swing. His face is just so pure, so innocent. I say this everyday, but I truly wish that my babies would just stay babies. They grow up too fast. The thought that Thompson will soon be 3! has hit me so hard.

Today, Robert and I were talking about how he left for Afghanistan when Thompson was 6 months old. When Robert left, Thompson was just learning to sit up by himself and was in the early, early stages of crawling. We are so thankful that he will be here to experience this with Brycen. Each day in your child's life is so precious. I couldn't imagine not being there for my kids. I couldn't imagine what Robert felt and so many others have felt to have to leave their children for months. It's heartbreaking.

There is nothing I want more than to spend each day of my child's life hugging them, kissing them, singing with them, making them pick up their toys, telling them to stay out of the kitchen 50 times, etc. Like I have said, each day is so precious and it's a day you will never have back.

So now that it is 12:15 in the morning, I need to get to sleep. We have Brycen's 6 month appt. tomorrow bright and early at 8 am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment