Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Things I am proud of!

At 24, I know I am young. I married at 20 and had a baby right before I turned 22. Whenever I hear of people getting married at that age I just gasp and think "but they are sooooo young!!". To be honest, many thought that I was crazy when I told them I wanted to get married and move all the way from Arkansas to California to be with my Marine. I had nothing. I literally loaded up as much as I could into my car and made the trip and started from there. I will say what I did have. I had parents who loved me and trusted me (and Robert) to know that somehow we would be okay. I have talked about it before, but I think that the day I left AR was one of the worst days of my life. I was scared to death. But I knew that I could do it. And with my family's support, I have.

It is so weird to look back three and half years ago and think about that day. I think of how much I have grown as a person. Most of it happened when we found out we were pregnant with Thompson, Robert left for Iraq 3 days later, and I HAD to be strong and make it on my own.

I will always be proud of myself and what I have done. It definitely made me a stronger person all around and I know that no matter what, things will be okay and I will somehow make it.

Which leads me to my next "proud" moment. I am married to a wonderful man. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me. Yes, we argue. Yes, we pick on each other. But more than anything we love each other. And we know that no matter what, at the end of the day there is no one else that we would rather be with. He is a very selfless person. He has had to leave his family twice and go overseas because that was his job. And honestly, he never complained. He knows that he missed out on a lot with Thompson-- his first words, his first tooth, his first steps, his first birthday. I am so excited for him to get to experience all of that with Brycen. He deserves it.

I am proud of my husband. I am proud of what we have accomplished together. Yesterday, when we received our bonus, the first thing we did was pay off the rest of his truck. We bought this truck during his first deployment in 2007. We saved and saved his deployment money and I was so proud that he was getting a brand new truck when he came home. He has worked so hard for it. And it makes me so happy to know that in 2 years we bought (from scratch) and paid off a truck! Wow! I know to some this isn't a huge deal, but to us, two kids who started off with basically a blow up mattress, it is everything!

What are you proud of today???

No comments:

Post a Comment