Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not much new is happening in our house lately. I think I am a broken record because that seems to be all I have to report-- a whole lotta nothing! I did, however, manage to get some of the baby stuff out yesterday. So that makes me feel a little better. I asked Robert today that if we were to suddenly go into labor right now, would he be prepared to bring a baby home tomorrow?! His answer "Sure." Why not huh? I don't even think so, buddy. I reminded him that we still have yet to get the car seat out, washed, and installed into the cars. Along with how I don't have everything I need for the hospital bags and so on. Geez... don't men realize how much goes into the preparation for a baby. Let me answer that... NO! They have not one clue. Oh well. I guess it has been like this for centuries and will continue to be this way long after I am gone.

One thing that has been happening around here is occuring in the house across the street. Our friends, the Haynes, are getting out of the Marine Corps and moving back to Texas. Robert went yesterday and helped them paint, the movers came Friday and got their stuff, and their inspection is tomorrow morning. I can't explain how sad/happy I am about this. I am depressed at the thought of losing such a close friend, but so happy for them to be able to create a life outside the Marine Corps. Christina is one of those friends who you meet and you instantly are able to bond with. She reminds me so much of myself and I think that is why it just hits me hard to see them go. And I know that she is one of those friends that no matter how often you see, they are always there. And I can't wait to visit them in Texas!

Christina-- I love you! You have been such an incredible, strong friend and I am going to miss you so much. Thanks for being there through the wonderful ups and downs of the Marine Corps life and being so good to Thompson. He loves you so much and I know he will hate to see you go. I can't wait for you and Heath to meet Brycen! We will have to do a trip soon! Love you guys! Thanks for everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment