Tuesday, November 10, 2009

35 Weeks! Whoo Hoo!

Today, we hit our 35 week mark! I love counting down the weeks til the little guy is here-- we are now less than 5. Whoa! That's a little hard to swallow. In less than 5 weeks I will have 2 babies. Goodness. It will be an awesome day!!

Here is what Brycen is up to this week!

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Wow! Over 5 lbs now... and I just thought me gaining weight was from the pan of rice krispie treats I had last week! :P

Last night, a friend of mine, ended up having an emergency c-section due to her placenta seperating. She was due 3 days before me and luckily, her little guy Kaden, is doing great. I believe they had him on some oxygen in the beginning but realized he didn't need it. Thank goodness!

It is so crazy to think that if Brycen were to come right now, chances are that he would be a healthy baby. I just pray that he stays in there as long as he needs to.

I am going to start making my list of things I want to accomplish each week. Next Tuesday, after my dr's appt, I plan on installing the carseat and the bases. So that means that I need to have it washed and ready. I am anxious to see where I am, if I am dialating, and so forth. Oh, and I have always said that I would never post ANYTHING about dialation on Facebook and whatnot, but to me, this is my little journal. So I do plan on posting it as a way of remembering. I promise not to be too graphic tho! Ha!

Well, Thompson is getting up from his nap! We are going to have chicken quesadillas tonight for dinner, so I need to start some marinade! I will be back tomorrow with my to-do list and look forward to hearing suggestions on anything I have missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment