Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday, Clean Day!

Today has been semi productive for me. I managed to put the car seat cover back on. I just sat there and just stared and stared, not believing that at one point in time my baby (Thompson) fit so snugly in the seat. And just to bring more tears to my eyes, he ran in wanting to sit in it, but couldn't fit. Tears my heart up! And now, we are going to have Brycen in it soon!

So after I messed with that, I decided that my Murano needed some major TLC. So I got my trash bags and went out and emptied out the toys and trash. I think Thompson had about 6 pairs of shoes in there as well. I then scrubbed and vacuumed and washed the windows. Armor all'd the leather seats and now I am just waiting for Robert to take my mats and wash them. (Hopefully he will have that done by tomorrow, if I am lucky!) I moved Thompson's car seat over to my side so that way the baby can be on the passenger side. I was thinking that since the baby's seat takes up so much room, I would rather have him on that other side so hopefully I won't have to miss out on too much leg room. Now if only I can get through the constant kicking of my seat from the boy behind me, we'll be in good shape. Oh and I now I fully understand and believe why I have always just paid someone to detail my car for me! Definitely not worth the sweat and time!!

Next weekend, my brother-in-law (Robert's little brother) is coming home from Afghanistan. We are so excited to have him home and I am so excited to attend the homecoming. It will definitely be a change not being the spouse waiting for her husband to get off the bus. I am sure I will still be a bundle of nerves for my SIL and niece. I'll tell you what, there is nothing like the feeling of seeing them for the first time in so long. Walking off of the buses, your heart feels like it is going to explode; anxiousness, excitement, nerves, and pride all rolled into one huge emotion! It's the best. I talked to Shanna (SIL) today and told her that I PRAY that I don't go into labor while we are down there. I would definitely be embarrassed to say the least! But to be on the safe side, I am taking our bags (that I still have yet to pack!) and the car seat. You never know! The only bad thing is that the Pendleton hospital is so overbooked that they are sending people away! Not kidding. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Robert starts his PTAD leave (leave for re-enlistment) on Friday. He will get 2 weeks off. Then we will probably have the baby about the time he goes back and then he gets another 10 days for that. Ha! I love it! Then soon, Christmas will be here!

Speaking of Christmas, I had this bright idea to put up our tree this weekend. Don't know why, I just decided I wanted it up. Well I decide that I better go find our ornaments and get them out and ready. Well come to find out, my 3 (brand new!) boxes of ornaments are still in AR!! Lovely. So my wonderful mom is going to ship them out here for me. Goodness. I would lose my head if it weren't for her sometimes. Today, I thought I was missing something for the car seat and I called to see if she knew what I was talking about and if she had seen it. I then confessed that I just called her because she always has the answers for everything. (Even if she has no clue as to what I am talking about!) :)

I pulled up these pictures to reminisce a year ago when Robert came home! Perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment