Tuesday, November 17, 2009

36 Weeks, dr's appt, and TAXES!

Today, we hit 36 weeks!

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.



He is definitely growing, I can tell that! Here in the past couple of days I have noticed that I haven't been able to breathe as well. It scared me at first because I know that he has dropped, but I was afraid that he decided that he was just going to stay in there forever! ha! Well today at the dr's appt I mentioned it to my doctor and she felt around and assured me that his head was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there but thanks to my good genes, he is stretching all the way to the top. She didn't know if he was going to be a big baby, but definitely long. Wonderful. So just to the point where I thought I would get some lung capacity back, he decides to just stretch on back out! :P Oh well. As long as he is still doing great, then that is all that matters.


As for the technical part of the appt., I am right on track. I am dialating accordingly (1cm) and about 50% effaced. Sounds good to me! :) I go back in 2 weeks for my 38 week appointment and maybe we will have made some more progress by then!






Now... something that loathes me...




TAXES!!!

We finally got our HUGE (I say that sarcastically) re-enlistment bonus. Whoo hoo, right? Well, yes and no. Yes that we even got somewhat of a bonus, but no that the IRS took 32%. 32%!!!! I about died. Yes, we should get some of it back when we file our income taxes, but still. Gosh. So, I am a little bummed about that, but oh well. That's life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment