Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!!

I want to start my post off with a huge thank you to all of the veterans, past and present, who have been a part in keeping our country safe and our freedom free. I am so proud to be married to a Marine!



"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

~Elmer Davis


Ok, so onto the baby to-do list... I have taken off the car seat cover and it is ready to be washed! YAY! Since the baby is going to stay in our room til we move, I put up the bassinet/changer thingy. We had to move our bed over in order for me to be able to maneuver between our bed and his bed. But, he will be right beside me which is perfect! I also have the glider and ottoman set up with a little side table with a lamp. We have kind of an odd area in our room by our patio doors that is perfect for this. So, the baby officially has his place to sleep. I also managed to put the swing cover back on after I washed it. Today... I plan on getting his outfits together of what he will wear while in the hospital and get those washed.

Another thing that I want to do is a small gift basket for the nurses. I was wanting to bake cookies, but I know that some people are skeptical about eating homemade foods (which I totally understand) so I might just stick with some pre-made stuff. Here is what I have come up with: a variety of drinks (coffees, apple cider, hot chocolate), chocolate spoons for the coffee (I will make these), and some chocolate dipped pretzel sticks. I might also throw in some chocolate chip cookies for those who don't mind homemade foods. Does that sound okay? Nothing too much, but just a little something and it is close to the holidays, so...

Anyways, I also plan today to clean out my refrigerator. Not looking forward to that, but it needs to be done.

Oh, almost forgot to mention... Robert and I rented a movie yesterday, "The Ugly Truth"

I laughed my butt off! It is a little forward, but it was funny. So if you are looking for a movie, that's definitely not a chick flick, try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment