Monday, November 23, 2009

37 Weeks-- FULL TERM!!!

Yes, that is correct! As of yesterday, we are full term! Brycen is just growing and growing and will be joining us soon! It is so exciting to think about.

Here is what the little guy is up to this week:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Don't you just love the depicted picture of what a pregnancy body looks like??? Because I can guarantee that my body looks NOTHING like that! lol.

I can't believe that he will be here any day now. There is a full moon around the 2nd (I believe) and I am always anxious to see if that really works. I have my next appt on the 3rd, so we will see how everything goes!

As much as I am ready to have the baby, I am also just enjoying the time. I know that as soon as he gets here my life will be crazy!! Chances are, this will be my last pregnancy (according to the husband) so I am also a little bit sad for that as well.

Today, I am putting up my Christmas tree as well as cooking for Thanksgiving. It looks like it will be just the 3 of us, which is perfect! We will really get to celebrate together, as a family, and really just enjoy our last holiday as a family of three.

We went to Oceanside on Saturday to be there for Jeremy's homecoming. Haili, his daughter, was definitely glad to see her daddy! Here she is with her sign she made for him.


Thompson was sure proud to see his Uncle Jeremy as well!


While we were there, we went and ate at Red Lobster. Our waitress let the kids touch one of the lobsters from their tank. It was too funny. Both of them were scared to death! And for the rest of the day Thompson kept saying "No, no fishy! No, No!" He was so afraid it would bite him.

One of the best parts of the trip... Sonic. They just opened one down the road in Vista and it was perfect. We went twice! :) Thompson got his "Chocolate Shake". And he would repeat that over and over til it came. Then Thompson would say "It's good!"


Robert enjoying his shake!


And I enjoyed a nice, big Cherry Vanilla Coke! I probably broke through the caffeine levels on that one! Oops! :)

Yesterday, we stopped by Target on our way home and finished some Christmas shopping. Thompson definitely racked up and Robert and I didn't do too shabby as well. We got some new video games for our Wii and PS3. Speaking of Wii, mine will be here on Saturday! So excited to try it out. We played Mario Kart this weekend and Robert and I had a blast! We will definitely be getting that one.
Oh, and just because I am odd-- I always find things like this neat! Robert rolled over 22,222 on his truck and I just had to get a picture!



Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! We will be here stuffing ourselves silly! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on hitting the full term mark!!!! How exciting!!!! I have been hearing so much lately about Sonic, one just opened up in the Cleveland area (finally!) but it is on the west side, we live on the east side, 30 minutes away. Not one we can just hop on over to unfortunately. I am determined to try it one day though. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete