Tuesday, November 3, 2009

34 Weeks!!

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.



So we are at the 6 week mark. And that is if Brycen lasts the whole 40 weeks! Thompson came one week early, and so this whole pregnancy has drove me nuts not knowing whether to be prepared for another early arrival or to just plan on him making it to his due date. And if he makes it to his due date, then that is fine as well. My mom is flying in on the 13th and I would love for her to be here if possible. But, honestly, I am not in a rush. I feel like I need the whole 6 weeks to finish my school and get prepared for baby. So...

Thompson has been none-the-less entertaining the past few days. He comes up with the funniest things to say and most of them chime in with "That was funny!"-- his new thing. Well, yesterday he was watching one of his shows and dancing around with the characters. He got right up on the tv cabinet and started trying to jump by it. Needless to say, he hit his mouth on the edge and busted his little lip open. Anytime he hurts himself, momma is always there to comfort him and he knows that. He ran to me yesterday and I was sitting there holding him while he was crying and he looked up at me and said "Momma, that wasn't funny". No, Thompson, it wasn't funny. Poor boy.

Luckily, with my help, the Halloween candy is almost gone!!! YAY!!! It's sad when your two year old wakes up and you ask him what he wants for breakfast and he replies with "Chocolate" or "Candy"! I don't even think so! Eat your breakfast first and then you can have candy. Ha! :)

Last night I made the YUMMIEST shepherd's pie ever! I have been wanting to make some for a while now, so I figured I would try last night. I honestly just threw in what I thought should go in there, and surprisingly it was really, really good! I will post it on my recipe blog. So be looking for that!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's probably "Ahni's" fault for the candy isssue. You know I just had to spoil the boy before I left =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on turning 34 weeks! I hit 33 weeks tomorrow. I am just counting down the days, our little girl can't come soon enough. Congratulations!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete