Friday, June 3, 2011

Show Us Your Life-- Appetizers!!

Today is another round of Show Us Your Life! This week it is appetizers!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE appetizers. I am a huge dip fan and found this recipe a while back. Rachael Ray made it on her show, and I knew I had to make it! :) It's Jalapeno Popper Dip!

Let the ooooh's and awwww's begin now. Yes. It is that good!

Jalapeno Popper Dip

8 jalapenos,halved and seeded
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese, divided
1 cup crushed tortilla chips

Toss the jalapenos in the olive oil. Put under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until softened and blackened. Let them cool enough until you are able to chop them up. Meanwhile, turn the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup of cheese and chopped jalapeno peppers. Pour into baking dish and top with the rest of the shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until bubbly, golden brown. I serve mine with tortilla chips.

I am telling y'all-- this is so good!

Enjoy!!


Photobucket

1 comment: