Monday, June 6, 2011

Giving it all away

If you would have asked me a year ago... I would have told you that I was definitely wanting to try again for a little girl. It has been my dream to have a daughter. Growing up with 3 sisters and having 2 boys just didn't seem complete.

But over the past few months, I think I have had a change of heart.

When Thompson was Brycen's age, I got pregnant. I had no choice but to deal with the "terrible two's" knowing that we were already in for it again. It wasn't a big deal. To be honest, Thompson was an easy child. Of course he had his meltdowns and tantrums, but overall, he was just so sweet and easy. Brycen, on the other hand is a little more challenging. He still is my baby boy, but the child wears me out some days. ;) I might be crazy, but the newborn stage is the easiest for me. I enjoy the sweetness of a newborn baby. I love being attentive to their every need. A toddler is soooo different. And I honestly don't know if I want to go through this again.

Who is to even say I would have a girl?? I have always heard girls were very dramatic. Do I even want to deal with that?? Trust me... I was a teenage girl once... there was dra-ma!

As of right now, I am 95% sure I am done having kids. Who is to say I won't change my mind in a few years? But I am trying to enjoy my boys as much as possible and soak in this time.

That is why I have decided to give away a lot of the clothes, baby gear, etc. we have. Shanna is having a baby boy this fall and it would be a perfect time to gift all of the things that we won't need anymore.

But trust me, I will probably definitely cry the entire time I am going through the stuff. I will probably definitely feel guilty. I just hope I don't jinx myself in the end. I have always heard that as soon as you give everything away is when you get pregnant!! Haha!! Ohhhhh goodness! :)

Anybody have any advice?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that too. When I found out Bentley was a boy I wanted to give away ALL my girl stuff. But I held onto it! I went thru all their preemie and new born clothes and I think will keep these for a LONNNNG while. We all know the words "no more kids" coming from my mouth really means I'll be pregnant in a month!

    ReplyDelete