Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update from my morning post...

This morning I was a little frantic. I had so much on my mind, and still do. I called the housing office this morning when they opened and asked a few questions about what it would take to get into a bigger house. Apparently I have to fill out a form, get proof of my pregnancy, have a surprise inspection, and finally be put on a waiting list. I said that that sounds great and then asked the dreaded question... how long is the waiting list?! The lovely girl told me about 6-9 months. WHAT?!?!? I called 2 weeks ago and it was 1-3 months...

So after a little bit of a tantrum, I cooled down. I decided later on to call back and ask a few more questions and what do you know, another girl informed me that the wait time is 1-3 months. So who is right, I don't know. I figured I would go ahead and try to get a bigger house, and if it worked out, great! If it didn't, whatever.

So I went and filled out the form and turned in my letter from the dr's office. Now, we are just waiting on the surprise inspection. Then once that is done, it is sent to the Pendleton office for them to sign off on... blah, blah, blah. So maybe within a month, I will be on the list. We'll see.

Keep your fingers crossed that things move a little quicker on this end, unlike the wonderful Marine Corps who is still holding my husband's re-enlistment hostage. ;P

1 comment: