Thursday, October 8, 2009

So glad to be home!

I hate driving across country! I was so glad to drive into 29 Palms knowing that my bed was just a little bit away!

My legs looked like something out of a horror movie, so I was glad to prop them up and relax. We have had Subway about 5-6 times in the past few days. So I will be glad to go grocery shopping to restock the fridge. We have also been living off of oatmeal and popcorn since we have been back. Ha!

Thompson has his 2-year check up today. I am sure all will be well, except for the shot part. I hate seeing him have to get shots. He is just so helpless. But, I bet I will get my flu shot as well. So we both will be a little sad.

Tomorrow, I have my doctors appointment. After that, on Saturday, we are heading down to Oceanside to visit with Shanna and Haili. While there, we are going to have a 3d/4d ultrasound done! I am so excited for this! I can't wait to see if Brycen resembles Thompson. I found a place that had great packages, so I am hoping that they are pretty good. After that, I think we are going to go to the Pumpkin Patch in Temecula. I have never been to one, but am excited about taking Thompson. They have pony rides and a train that takes you around the patch. Should be fun! And of course, I can pick up some cute pumpkins to decorate the house with.

Whew. I am exhausted and I haven't even gotten through the weekend.

Robert just went back to work. I think it will be pretty slow for him for the next few weeks because all of the guys are gone to Yuma, AZ doing some training. So he will be one of the few left in 29 Palms. But, he will have lots of duty to stand during those three weeks.

We got the U-Haul unloaded and returned. It wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. Hardly noticed it was even back there. I just hate seeing all of our stuff stored in the garage, yet again. As for Robert's re-enlistment... it got signed off on down at Pendleton. We are just now waiting on a signature up here... I think. Anyways, they said that if it wasn't signed off on by the end of next week, they would hand deliver it to whomever needs to sign it to make sure it got done. So 3 months later, we might get something done. Ugh. Stress. And I have a bad feeling that I am going to be stuck here in 29 Palms for the next 6 months. I really do. And if I had known all of this 3 months ago, I would have put in for a bigger house for the time being. But now, it is probably too late. Oh well.

So, I am in the middle of unpacking and preparing all of the baby stuff. I think this is what they refer to as the "nesting" stage. I wouldn't bet that it lasts more than 2 days! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment