Thursday, October 8, 2009

Funny Update Post

We had Thompson's check up today. Everything was great. He is growing right on schedule (for him) weighing in at 25lbs and 34.5inches.

When we took him back to get his shots, I was just sitting there waiting for the scream fest to begin. I made Robert come with to help comfort him. Well...there was no crying AT ALL. He sat up and told the guy "Thank You". It was too funny.

Then it came time for Mommy to get her shot. And the corpsman asked Robert if he wanted to give me the shot. I thought he was kidding and I just busted out laughing. But he said that they let them give the shots if they want to! Well Robert jumped at the opportunity to stab me! Ha! He came over and grabbed the needle off the tray. I was laughing so hard, I was crying. I couldn't believe how bad he wanted to give me a shot, and I couldn't believe I was going to let him. I kept telling him that he better not screw it up and break the needle off inside my arm.

Robert then asked the guy again if it was really ok, and he said "Hey, I'm not the one who has to go home with her tonight!"

Robert gently laid the needle back down and told the guy to go ahead, that he didn't want to take the chance.

So Robert didn't take his "chance of a lifetime".

No comments:

Post a Comment