Wednesday, October 28, 2009

4 more years...

This morning was Robert's re-enlistment. He raised his hand and swore in-- vowing another 4 years to the United States Marine Corps. I am so proud of my husband. He knows the sacrifices that we are going to have to make as a family, but knows more importantly that this will be what is best for us.


Robert swearing in



I received an appreciation award for my support as his wife :)


Today was definitely bittersweet. I love knowing that my family will be taken care of, but it also reminds me of what I have had to endure these past four years-- 2 deployments, countless nights spent alone while he was in the field, being away from my family in Arkansas. It's not easy. I don't know of anyone who thinks it is. Knowing that Robert is going into an equally stressful field does not thrill me. He will be gone, a lot. Thankfully, he is supposed to be non-deployable for three years. That makes me happy. The boys will hopefully not have to say goodbye to their daddy for atleast a little while. But I know the day will come again that we will have to. Til then, I am just going to enjoy our time together as a family and embrace the new changes coming our way.

Congrats, Sgt. Riedel! I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Lenora! Congrats to you and Robert for the re-enlistment!

    ReplyDelete