Monday, May 24, 2010

What's for dinner???

There is nothing that I hate more than trying to figure out something to cook for dinner. I beg Robert to just tell me what he wants. Well, since he has been working so much lately, I have just had to figure out stuff on my own. Well tonight Robert gave a special request for chicken alfredo. So... I thought I throw my own twist and add some summer veggies to it.


This is what you will need!

I L-O-V-E the Giada pasta sauces from Tar-jay! And the pasta came from there as well, but you can use fetticini or whatever. I also have a little alfredo, any preferred brand will work!

Chop your squash and zuchnni into slices.


And halve/quarter your mushrooms.


I used half of the package of mushrooms.

Throw all of the veggies into a ziplock baggie (or whatever you have!) and toss with this:


EVOO, salt, garlic powder, and Mrs. Dash- Italian seasoning


Use about 2 tbsp. EVOO, just enough to get everything coated. Let this set for a minute. After it has soaked up all of the goodness, throw it all on a sheet pan and roast in a 425 degree oven. Be sure to turn the veggies once they start getting soft. I believe this will take about 20 minutes or so. You will know when they are done!

Cook your pasta according to the directions.

Slice the boneless skinless chicken breast into strips. I use 2 big breasts, probably a pound. Sautee the strips in a skillet in 2 tbsp. melted butter over high heat. Brown on each side to thoroughly cook the chicken. When done, add a little bit of each sauce. I think the combination is your own preference. Some prefer more white over red, vice versa. Bring to a boil, then simmer and cover. When your pasta is ready, add it to it. You can add a little pasta water to thin it out if your sauce is really thick. After your veggies are done roasting, throw it all in the pan together, stir, and serve. Oh I almost forgot... I added about a 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese at the end. Yumminess.



It was super good and really easy! And I love using fresh veggies! And I love "throw-it-in-a-pot" kinda meal.

And here is a cute boy that loves to have his picture made!


No comments:

Post a Comment