Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Today is Memorial Day and I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am to the men and women who serve our country past and present. We are so lucky to be able to live in a land where we are free to go to church, free to love our children openly, free to pray, free to be ourselves. How great is that!

I am also so grateful to those who have sacrificed their lives to make sure that my freedom stays free. Some give up their family lives to go fight a war while others give the ultimate sacrifice, their lives.

Today is a day that we honor these men and women. Don't forget to give thanks. Pray for them, pray for their families.

When I try to think of beautiful patriotic songs, the one that comes to mind is "America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles



I believe that I could listen to this all day and still get goosebumps. Through all of the bad things our country is going through, we have so much to be thankful for!! Hope everyone has a great day, CELEBRATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment