Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not too much happening today. I have been sick throughout the morning and luckily Thompson was in the mood to watch cartoons. Thank Goodness! He is definitely getting to the age where he will pay attention to the show. So after an episode of Handy Manny, Imagination Movers, The Backyardigans, and Robert bringing me a Sprite, I am feeling much better.

I had my dr's appt yesterday and it was pretty uneventful! Lots and lots of paperwork. BUT, next time we will get an ultrasound. I am very excited yet a little nervous. I just want to see the baby and see the heartbeat and make sure everything is ok. When I was pregnant with Thompson, his umbilical cord was a 2-cord vessel, instead of a 3-cord vessel. Basically, the umbilical cord didn't form all 3 vessels, and this could affect the way his heart and kidneys formed and how he was able to grow. I had to do monthly ultrasounds to make sure everything was developing properly. So, I have been a little nervous about making sure that wasn't an issue this time.

I have been looking for Thompson's big boy bedding and found a set on Pottery Barn kids that I love! I had been eyeing it for a while, waiting for it to go on sale. Well...I looked this morning and guess what?! It had been discontinued. WHAT?! I was so mad! And now I can't find it anywhere online. Everyone has the sheets, but no quilt. Gees, that is what I get for waiting. So, now I am onto looking for a new set.

I have been following a blog, and my heart just goes out to this family. Their little girl, Avery, was born with CDH- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. She is currently at Arkansas Children's Hospital and had the surgery to repair the hole yesterday. She is doing as well as possible, but definitely needs your prayers. She is absolutely beautiful! I am praying and thinking about her around the clock. I have her button on my page, so feel free to keep up with them as well.

Another sweet little baby boy I keep up with is Gaines. He is such a trooper. He was born at, I believe, 28-29 weeks gestation, very premature. He is having some trouble with his oxygen and such and needs your prayers as well. You can check on him here.

That's about all for me for now. I will try and take pictures tonight on our walk if we get to go. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what pattern you wanted for Thompson's big boy bed.....we have a PBK at my mall & I'll see if they still have it inthe store!

    Congrats on baby #2.....I am so excited for you guys. It makes me so happy that so many of my friends are pregnant or just finding out they are pregnant right now. It seems to help me get out of the fog I am in!

    hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete