Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Food + Good Friends = Good Times

Last night we had our cookout. We had tons of food and and some great friends to share it with. I made pork baby back ribs and beef ribs cooked in the oven. This really terrified me because 1) Robert wanted beef ribs which are a tougher meat than the pork ribs 2) I have cooked ribs once before in my life and that was in the slow cooker, which you can't really mess up! BUT....they were good. Well atleast I thought so. :) Even the beef ribs turned out. So, if you are scared about trying a new recipe or new food...go for it! I forgot and didn't take any pictures. But I thought I would share my rib rub that I did for them....


I just combined 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tbsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and chili powder. Mix together and rub on both sides of the meat. *** Make sure to remove the "silver skin" on the back of the ribs before you put your rub on them. This is a layer of skin that is very transluscent but kind of silverish ***


After you put the rub on, wrap them in foil and place them in the refrigerator overnight. About 30 minutes before you bake them, take them out of the fridge and let them sit. I baked mine at 300 degrees for about 4 hours. I basted them with a bbq sauce every hour or so. Low and slow is the key.


Another favorite of the night was the cherry limeade punch!


This is not my picture, but this is what it looks like! It is so good and could definitely give Sonic a run for their money!

Here's the recipe:

1 can of limeade concentrate

1 jar of maraschino cherries with juice or grenadine

3/4 of a 2 liter bottle of sprite

2 limes

I cut slices in 1 lime for decoration and use the other for the extra lime juice in the punch. Just add all ingredients together and serve of ice. I adjusted mine to just 3/4 of the sprite instead of the whole bottle...totally your own preference.

You can thank me later! :) ha!

So, Thompson and I are going for our walk. I thought I would take pictures along the way to show you of our wonderful morning ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment