Saturday, February 28, 2009

Movie Night

Last night we (Thompson & I) went to see, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.




Robert was supposed to go with us, but didn't get off til 11:30pm!! So, we went with our friend, Stephanie. It was really good. Long, but good. I only say long because when the movie starts at 9pm and you have a toddler that really doesn't want to sit down for almost 3 hours... it is long. I think the story of the movie was great! About a baby that was born as an old man and he ages in reverse. The way it was filmed was absolutely amazing. If you haven't seen this movie, I do recommend you watch it.

Another movie that I recently saw (& loved!) was Changeling with Angelina Jolie.



It was WONDERFUL! It is set in the late 1920's and is about a single mother, Jolie, whose son was kidnapped. The basis of the story falls around the corruption of the Los Angeles Police Department. It really is a great movie. I highly recommend this one!

We stayed in tonight. I cooked some steaks and they were really good! I was actually surprised that I can cook a steak, but hey?! Thompson even liked it, so... Tomorrow we are going to take advantage of the beautiful weather and cook out. I have ribs, chicken, burgers, and brats! So, we should be set!

Robert is back on a normal schedule next week, thank goodness. No more work at 3:30am...he now gets to go back to going in at 6am. :)

Not much else to report. I hear that there is snow back in Arkansas... I bet it is so pretty. While we were there over Christmas holiday, we didn't see any snow! :( And I love the snow! But luckily we missed the horrible ice storm by about a week! Gees! My mom sent me pictures and I just couldn't believe it. She lost 9 out of her 15 Bradford Pear trees. Let's just say I will take my 75 degree weather over an ice storm any day!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I will report back with pictures from the cook out!

No comments:

Post a Comment