Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday!

Hopefully, many of us have realized by now that our economy is just pitiful. I woke up this morning and was watching the news to learn how California is passing out over 26,000 pink slips to their teachers!! WHAT?! California is in a major, major crisis with over $40 Billion deficit, and they are wanting to cut out over $8B of it by cutting teachers! As someone whose mother is a teacher, I would be devistated to learn that from the lack of responsibility from our state, she was losing her job! Friday, March 13 is "Pink Slip Friday", so throw on your favorite pink item and show your support for our teachers!!!

All of this economy talk leads to my next topic...

I have seen many, MANY tv shows, news articles, blogs, etc. talking about how to be a fashion-ista during this recession...da da duh... A RECESSIONISTA!! ha! Anyways, thought this was great. Many bloggers are adding their budget shopping 101 to their blogs, so I thought I might as well too!

If you know me, you know how much I love a $deal$... If you find something for $20 I guarantee I can probably find it for $14.99...and here is how! It is called Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Gordmans, and Ross, my friends. If you have yet to discover these fabulous stores -- shame on you! Just kidding ;) But seriously, they are awesome! They have tons of name brands for probably half of what you would pay at a dept. store! No joke. Sometimes, you really have to look for some things, but trust me...it is worth it!

Also, I am a self-professed jewelry freak! I admit it. I do not want to go and pay $20 for a pair of earrings that I (and my mother) know that I am going to lose 2 months down the road. One of my favorite places for jewelry is Forever21!


For example:


These earrings: $3.80


And while you are at it, go ahead and get these babies in gold too to match your new $14 top from Wal-Mart!


I am probably not the only one that at age 14 would have DIED if I had to shop at Wal-Mart, BUT this store has come a LONG ways since then. They have very trendy clothes and I enjoy frequenting their aisles when I can! Here is a great summer dress from there for only $15!














And when it starts to get cold out, layer it with a longsleeve and some boots, and there is your new winter outfit!

Another hot-ticket item right now is chunky jewelry...a big cocktail ring, chunky necklace, chucky bracelet, etc.


This bangle bracelet is again only $3.80 at the lovely Forever21And how about these stackable rings? All 5 for...you guessed it! $3.80 It is so easy these days to find some cute, trendy clothes and accessories! You can easily put together an out fit for under $40! Now go check out some of these stores and tell me all the bargains you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment