Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hmmm...

So, I am thinking... since I cook ALL THE TIME, I am going to start trying to add a couple of recipes a week to my blog. I know that I always enjoy seeing what everyone is cooking and how it was. So tonight I am making White Chicken Chili. This is one of my husband's favorites as well as mine.

White Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 lb cooked chicken breast
2 cans White beans
1 24oz Chicken Broth
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
1 can of green chilis or 1 serrano pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
2 tbsp cumin
1 packet McCormick's White Chicken Chili Seasoning packet (optional)
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp olive oil


Photobucket

All of your chili ingredients, minus the chicken


Start out by heating your olive oil -- Add your onion and bell pepper. Cook for 4 minutes. Then add your flour, green chilis or serrano pepper, cumin, and seasoning packet. Cook for 2 minutes, it will turn very thick. Next, add your beans and chicken broth. Stir really well and bring to a boil. Then add your cooked chicken breast. Simmer and serve.

Photobucket

The Finished Product!

This is incredibly easy. I use a serrano pepper for the extra heat, but feel free to use the green chilis. I also use the seasoning packet for some extra seasonings. It still tastes great if you omit it. I bake my chicken for 25 minutes on 375 degrees, but you can grill or boil it as well.

Hope you try out this great meal!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thompson and I went to Yucca Valley today. It is kind of like the Fayetteville for Huntsville. We went and bought some grocieries and had my car detailed. It was such a nice day today. The wind was a little cool and breezy, but nothing too much to complain about. Thompson decided that he wanted to wear his hat today. This is the first time ever that he has even wore his hat for more than 5 seconds. I was quite proud. Plus, he looked so darn cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He also started saying "cheese" today when I was taking his picture...you can kind of tell in this picture. :)

Robert has to go to the field at 4 am in the morning, poor guy. So it will be a long day for him. Our friends got a new puppy dog, Miss Sassy, so I think I will take Thompson over to see her tomorrow! It is a black lab and I bet she is adorable!

Tomorrow night I am cooking some bbq ribs. This will be my first attempt ever to cook them, so I will let you know how it turns out.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Lenora,
    I have never made chicken chili but yours looks wonderful. I will have to get the peppers and mix, but will make it soon! I will let you know how mine turns out. I love the pictures and the demo, so cute! I can't wait until next week. Soon you could be the next RR.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete