Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fun Friday!!

{Don't you love when you forget to submit a new post??} :P

Yesterday, (Friday 7/22) we had a great day! I got the boys up and around and I took them and Jude to Fayetteville. We first had lunch at Chick-fil-A and then went to the movies. We decided to watch the new Winnie the Pooh movie because it was short enough (70 minutes) that I thought Brycen might do ok. He wasn't bad at all, just a little wiggly. All he wanted to do was take the straw in and out of the cups and eat so much popcorn I thought he might get sick. It's times like that where it would be just so easy to pop a paci in his mouth to calm him down and get him to relax, but I have not given in. He has done so well!!


After the movies, I met my sister in Fayetteville to get my niece, Jilian. I needed to take them to the Swim Ranch for their last day of swim lessons. My sister met us there later on and I took Brycen to Wal-Mart. Let me tell you, it is a vacation only having to grocery shop with one child. Thompson refuses to ride in the cart (which in all honesty, he is too big to sit in there) but he still likes to walk off or get distracted. So we made a 30 minute shopping trip and went home. It started pouring rain when we got back into town. We desperately needed the rain, but just not right then. We were heading to Thompson's Vacation Bible School program. It was perfect! He looked so big standing up there with the other kids saying their Bible verses and singing "Jesus Loves Me". It just melted my heart. I teared up thinking of how he is just growing so fast into such a wonderful little boy. I don't think I have ever me such a loving child. I hope he always keeps that tender heart.



Of course he saw me taking his picture and came and posed during the dancing! Such a ham! Love how he stuck his hands in his pockets!


After the program, the kids all enjoyed banana splits. I had to go to work. Tara brought Brycen up to work for a minute to show me some stuff and he was strutting around with a tootsie pop. (Tara is definitely known for spoiling the boys!) He was so proud of that sucker. I think it is actually his first one. It was cute. I wish I had thought to have taken a picture.

Anyways, we are enjoying a lazy day at home. My Granny Lola brought the boys some fresh peaches so we ate some of those and now Brycen is napping. Jude and Thompson are playing so good in the playroom. I am so thankful for such a wonderful, quiet day at home with the boys. I wish Robert were here, but the poor guy is sleeping. He has duty every 3-4 days (24 hr shifts) on top of his work schedule and finally got some time off this morning. So of course, he is catching up on his sleep. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment