Tuesday, July 27, 2010

As in the words of my 2 year old...

Check it out!

Yes, that is Thompson's new phrase. "Hey mom, check it out!" He first told me this while we were at the airport and some guy walked by. The lady sitting next to him was laughing so hard. And we all know that anytime anyone laughs at him, he just starts laughing... really, really hard. I just shake my head.

Oh yes, this little boy is full of it these days. The other day while we were in the store he told a lady to scat complete with the shooing motion of the hand. I was mortified. Luckily, I don't think she understood him.

And then there is "Ewww...that's nasty!" Everything is nasty to him. My mom says that I say that a lot to him and that must be where he has picked it up. Which now that I think about it, I do. Thompson stay out of the trash it's nasty. Eww, don't pick that up, it's nasty. Hmmm...

Here are some more Thompson originals:
  • Don't talk to me like that!
  • Don't say that to me!
  • Go, Mom, Go! (When he is using the bathroom... usually this is followed by his nasty comment!)
  • That's so awesome!
  • You can't spank my butt! (This is usually followed by me saying, "You want to bet?!")
  • Good job!
  • Way to go!
  • High Five, Alright!
  • Brycen pooped?! (Anytime we change a diaper)
  • It's not bedtime yet.
  • I'm going to work!
  • I need to go ride my bike!
  • I'm leaving, Mom. Love you!
And I am so proud of him. He has had a major fear of The Grinch and The Cat and the Hat. Well here lately he has been getting out the DVD case and telling it "Cat in the Hat, you not scary!". Like he is giving himself a pep talk. Well the other day he brought me the movie and told me that he wanted to watch it, so I put it in. He was doing good at first and then came running in the living room crying. I talked to him and told him how it wasn't real and it was just a movie! I also reminded him that it wasn't scary! So he put the movie back on and watched it twice! Even when he was going to bed he told me that he wanted to watch it the next day. Way to go T for facing your fears! Oh, and points to the little girl on the case (Dakota Fanning) and says "I love her". Oh, brother!











Don't you love their outfits! My sister got those for them last summer while they were at Universal Studios. I had forgotten that I had them, so I got them out and put them on the other day. The boys got so many compliments on them while we were out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment