Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Friends

I am so thankful for each and every friend in my life. There are those friends that I have known since I was a baby, since pre-school, since grade school, and there are those that I have met later on in my life.

When I married Robert back in 2006, one of the things that scared me the most was that I would be so alone in California-- I would have no one to hang out with, no one to go shopping with, and of course no one to gossip with :) Well, it just so happened that I have met some of the most wonderful girls I have ever known in my four years in California.

As soon as I arrived in California in June 2006, the first person I met was Samantha. We automatically clicked and formed an instant bond. We were both newlyweds and knew absolutely nothing about being on our own. We grew up together, our husbands deployed together, and we ended up having our babies 2 weeks apart from one another. I cherished her friendship more than anything. Unfortuantely, she and her husband ended up getting a divorce and moving back to Northern California. I was crushed. And our keeping up with each other came further and further apart. I knew that she was going through a rough time in her life. And honestly, I think that I was a reminder of the life that she once had. I don't blame her. She had to worry about supporting her son and herself. Today, I decided to write her an email telling her that I still thought about her and hoped she was doing well. Tonight, I received an email back with her new number. So I called her and it was just so good to know that she was doing so well. We laughed and caught up on all of the overdue gossip. God places people like that in each one of our lives.

In 2008, God blessed me with another friend. I have mentioned her quite a few times on here, Mrs. Christina. If I didn't know any better, it was like she was my other half. She is a southern gal like me, so of course we had the necessity fave in common-- you know, the love for sweet tea! :) Seriously though, I have always felt like we had been friends our entire lives. She and Heath has been the best to me and my family. They have recently moved back to Texas and I am so happy for her. I know that they are going to do great things and have the absolute most beautiful kids. I am already anticipating my trip to the Big "D" to see her!

I am so thankful for these women in my life. Each friendship has helped me grow as a person. In the times of my lowest low, these girls were here for me. There is definitely nothing like the bond between military wives.

1 comment:

  1. I cried. You are a GREAT friend and I can't wait to see you...hopefully sometime soon! LOVEUMISSUMEANIT!

    ReplyDelete