Thursday, February 25, 2010

Patience

Patience is definitely a virtue.

Boy, do I ever know this.

Today, was definitely the hardest day I have had in a long time. And it surpasses the potty training by a long shot.

It all started when my friend, Lori and I decided to get together for lunch. She just had her baby boy in November and we wanted to see each other's new babies.

We decided to go to a local restaurant here in town, somewhere where we eat atleast 3 times a week.

We show up and Lori is waiting with her baby boy, who is being a perfect angel. I drag in with my 2 kiddos. I try to get situated, but the layout of the table was off, so Thompson ended up being further away from me than I wanted. But I thought that it might be okay for today. Well immediately Brycen starts fussing and I start looking for a pacifier. WHO FORGETS A BABY'S PACIFIER?!?! Well, apparently I did. Oh gees, do you see where this is going. And then Thompson starts in with his "I want this, I need to go pee pee, I want this" rant... at the top of his lungs! Then he grabs the little butter packets and starts throwing them on the floor. I grab them and he starts screaming. I tell Lori that I am going to run out to the car to get Brycen's bottle and I will be right back. (Oh why, oh why did I not just get in my car and leave then???) I came back and started to feed Brycen. About that time Thompson spills his whole drink all over the table. I jump up and start wiping that up. I sat back down and finished feeding Brycen. I go to burp him and he vomits all over me and him! (And where is the burp rag? In the car!) I grab some napkins and start wiping us down. Thompson then yells that he REALLY HAS TO GO PEE!!! So I grab him and run to the bathroom. And what do you know... he does not have to go pee. Go figure. So we go back and he starts yelling that he wants "Strawberry!" aka strawberry jam. (Thanks, Nana... you have ruined my child with Strawberry jam) I tell him that he has to eat his chicken and fries before he gets it. Then... the waitress comes and plops down a roll and strawberry jam RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!! What in the world was she thinking??? So he starts screaming for that all the while Brycen is wailing his lungs out fighting sleep. I grab him up and try to comfort him. And then I just lost it. I took the roll and the jam and threw it on his plate and said "have at it!" And then the tears started rolling. I sat there at the table and just bawled my eyes out. I cried for a good 10 minutes while everyone sat there staring at me. Poor Lori, I probably scared her off from ever thinking of having a second child. I promised her that it usually isn't like this... she is probably thinking that I am big, fat liar! :)

And you know... when it rains, it pours!

I come home and decide to call back the military housing to check on some paperwork corrections that they are supposed to be doing. Well I talk to this lady who has been helping me and she informs me that they won't back date my application until we check into Camp Pendleton. So... that means that we will have to not even get to be put on an actual list until we check in. And you have to be fully checked out of 29 Palms to check into C.P. That means that we have to be out of our house. So... I ask her, "Well what am I supposed to do with all of our stuff from our house? Where is my family supposed to go?" And do you know what her reply was??? "That sounds like a personal problem to me." Are you serious?!?! Did you really just say that to me! If I could have, I would have spit nails at her through the phone. Not kidding.

I call my husband, hoping to hear some kind words of encouragement. And do you know what I got from him?? "Buck up!" Oh no he did not just say that to me.

Why is it that the one day I decide to start a change in my life, the whole world wants to fall right down on me. And I know that there are a lot of people out there in this world with actual life problems. Mine is just stress. Mine is just God testing me. Lord, I hope I passed and I don't have to retake this portion of the test again!

So, if you are still with me, Bless You! You are a brave soul. And thanks for listening. I just had to get it out. I am doing better tonight. Thompson was still a pain tonight, but I am definitely thankful that I have that pain in my life!

2 comments:

  1. The first part scared the crap outta me because I'm about to go from one kid to two. Then the second part...wtf does the army expect you to do? I hope they have some sort of help for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and hold your head high!! Your doing great!! And let your husband know about it!!

    ReplyDelete