Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Much needed update

I am going to try my best to keep up my posting. But let me tell ya... 2 kids are HARD!! It seems like I wake up (many, many times) and before I know it, it is time to go to sleep (yeah, right!) again.

My mom was out here visiting for 2 weeks and just left on Sunday. Having her around was such a big help. I know that Thompson enjoyed Nana's visit and attention.


Of course, Christmas was in full swing around our house as well. Thompson has officially learned to say "Open a present" and wanted to do so every hour for about a week. Our family sent many gifts for him to open so each day we opened a present (or 2, 3, or 4) so that way he wasn't completely overwhelmed on Christmas day. This worked out well except for the fact that he wanted to open them all the time! :)

Brycen update:

Yesterday we went for his two week checkup. They said he was doing great! He is back up to his birth weight and grew almost a whole inch! Wow! We are going back in a week to make sure that he continues gaining weight just because he is so small. They also did his circumcision yesterday as well. They normally do it when they are born, but he was so tiny that they wanted to wait until he was a little bigger. Everything is going great with that. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, but honestly he has been sleeping for most of the time. He is doing pretty good on his sleeping at night. We get up about 3 times or so to feed, but other than that it is going well. I will admit that there are times when I am dead tired and he is not wanting to sleep and I will let him come lay next to me. I am not a co-sleeper (not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just not for me) and Thompson did this when he was little as well. At about 3 months or so, Thompson slept in his own room. I hope to be able to do the same with Brycen, even though he does seem a little more "needy" than Thompson was. I just say that he is need of some TLC :)

Thompson has been battling an ear infection and sinus infection for about 2 weeks now. We went back to the doctor today for another round of antibiotics. Hopefully it will knock out what is left.

That's about it on the updating.

Ok, there is no particular order to this... just a lot of pictures!

I thought he looked so cute in these pictures



The boys' stockings


Christmas morning


Brycen enjoying the festivities

This is basically what I get to see. He LOVES sleeping on his momma. And of course, how can I say no? :)

This is about the best photo we got on Christmas. Brycen was not wanting his picture made.

Thompson playing with his toys in his new Razorback gear.
My Christmas gift from Robert! I LOVE them!

Brycen's birth announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment