Tuesday, December 8, 2009

39 Weeks!

We have made it to 39 weeks! Thompson came exactly 1 week early, but I have a feeling that his little brother has decided that he is just going to stay in there! Why not? He has a warm, cozy place to sleep, an all-you-can-eat buffet, and nobody bothering him. Doesn't sound too bad to me. :)

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.




I don't think I like anything being compared to a watermelon! And the 7 lbs baby they describe in their summary is probably my 8.5 lbs of joy! I think that part is what gets scarier and scarier every day-- knowing that the longer he is in there, the bigger he is getting! Eesh!

Nothing too much is going on here. We had the best rain yesterday! It maybe rains 2 days out of the year here and I just enjoyed opening the blinds and watching it. Very calming.

Thompson has been doing great. Definitely still a 2 year old and definitely still a boy! We are trying to break him of him telling us "No!" That doesn't go over too well with his daddy or I. Also, I think I have found out that he would much prefer cookies, ice cream, and chocolate shakes over anything anymore. He asks for all of them around 20 times a day. Not kidding. Poor kid. So deprived. Don't worry Nana and Papa-- we are not starving him, and most of the time he does get one of those treats a day (or 2 if his momma wants another excuse to have another!).


So, I am going to be sitting here. Waiting. Praying. Hoping. Wishing. Pleading. And maybe some begging. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lots of labor dust and positive thoughts coming your way! Not long now!!

    ReplyDelete