Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies and Mint Tea

For some odd reason, I have been wanting a huge, gooey oatmeal cookie! So as crazy as I am...Thompson and I head to the grocery store this afternoon to pick up some oats and raisins. Mind you, it is the military pay day. For those who have not been to a military commissary on payday, it is insane. Lines 50+ deep. Luckily, I did remember this and got there before it got too bad. AND I did self-checkout, so that way I hurried along with my 6 or so items.

So, I come home and get all the stuff ready and make me some delicious cookies! I also finished making chicken enchiladas. Which is really good feat because I ended up cutting the end off of my finger this morning. Not. Joking. It is never good to pry frozen tortillas apart with a HUGE sharp knife while your thumb is on the bottom. It is still throbbing, but its ok. I took pictures, but now can't find my camera-- thanks to my lovely little man.

Now, back on track. So here is the website for the cookies! Check them out!

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/thick-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/


And now for my mint tea. My Aunt Pat, who was probably one of my most favorite people in the entire world, made the best mint tea. Because of her, I fell in love with it when I was really little. My sister Brittany and I were talking about it tonight and how at our old house we use to try and make it like her. We had a huge batch of mint growing right by our back door and we use to go out and just pick a huge amount of it. No matter how many times we tried and tried, it never turned out like hers. Since I am not in the most mint-growing desirable climate, I have resorted to the next best thing--

It is definitely not my Aunt Pat's tea, but it always reminds me of her when I make it. And for that, it is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment