Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't worry, I am alive!

No, I am not talking about my lack of blog posts... I am talking about how I almost took out 2 fingers tonight while cooking dinner!

Eesh!

I was so proud to use my mom's new Pampered Chef knife. She got this knife like 2 years ago and never has touched it. She gave it to me last year, but I keep forgetting to take it home with me. Well tonight I pull out it out to cut potatoes. My mom comes in and we talk about the knife and I tell her how much I love it!!! Fast forward one potato later and I am screaming and in tears vowing that I was going to die. (Yes, I know I am a little dramatic.) I told her to take me to the hospital, but after further inspection we decided to call the family's honorary doctor, my sister Tara. I cut my index finger and somehow took off the tip of my thumb. (I know, I am talented!) She came up and put some kind of strips on it to help seal it. I eventually stopped crying after a pep talk from Thompson.

What is so funny is one of the only things I could mumble out while I was crying was that I didn't want her knife anymore! ha!

Not much else going on around here. We are enjoying visiting with all of our family and friends. On Sunday, I went with my mom and sister, Brittany to one of our area's home tours. Along the way I found my best friend, Becca. I somehow convinced her to go with Brittany and I to Tulsa (maybe a little bribery of the Cheesecake Factory had something to do with it!) to pick up Britt's hubby from the airport. We had such a good time catching up!

We are getting ready for the big boy's 1st birthday party on Saturday! Ahhh!!! I can't believe he is about to be one! My little boy is growing up on me...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment