Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mistakes

“What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning - and some of them many times over - what do you find? That you can swim? Well - life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!”
-Alfred Adler


Mistakes...

I guess I am still hung up on this. I have been thinking a lot lately how I am not the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect person. And honestly, it has taken a lot for me to realize that.

And no, I never thought that I was perfect, but I definitely thought I was always right.

The other night on the phone while talking to Robert I realized this. I am not always the nicest person. I am not always the most sincere. I am a VERY headstrong person. And in the past, I thought that this was a great quality of mine. And it can be... if I were to use it for the positive.

But sometimes (gasp!) I am wrong. There I said it. Sometimes I don't always know the correct thing to do, the right answer, or what is best.

Sometimes I am rude, and unfortunately it's to the ones I love most.

And it's not like I haven't realized this at some point in my life, but now I am finally accepting it.

So how do I become what I want to be??

How do I change this stubborness? I know that it will only benefit my relationships, so that is why it is important to me.

Luckily, I am blessed with a husband and family that have endured this from me. And hopefully they will stick around long enough for me to figure this out.

And no, I am not trying to be perfect, just better.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”
-Mark Victor Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment