Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Weekend!

Well, it is Good Friday and Jeremy and Shanna are coming up today to celebrate Easter with us this weekend. I am so excited. I can't tell you how nice it is to have family near by to still be able to have "family gatherings" on the holidays. Alot of the times we get to celebrate with wonderful friends that are like family to us, so really we are blessed both ways!

Our housing community center is hosting a Easter egg hunt tomorrow!



I am excited to see how Thompson does. He is finally getting to that age where he is starting to understand fun traditions like that. I also bought some extra eggs to hide around the outside of the house for the kids to hunt.

I remember when I was little hunting Easter eggs. This is definitely a tradition that I would love to continue for him while he is young. I do feel that it very important to share the true meaning of Easter, as well as Christmas and Thanksgiving. This is something that I plan of sharing with him as he continues to grow. I want him to appreciate the holidays, not just the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and Pumpkin Pie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too much else going on around here. I am still trying to find the needed motivation to finish all of my homework. I know I sound like a broken record, but I am really just not interested. I have 1 summer school session and 1 fall session left and I am just PRAYING that I can actually make it through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pools are open! But, we haven't gone. :( It has been rather chilly here (mid 60's) and I don't prefer swimming unless it is like in the 80's. So, I am really hoping the weather in Florida will be superb! I have been looking and so far...not so good. It is raining, raining, and raining! Maybe it will get all the rain out before Brittany's wedding!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We leave for Arkansas next Saturday!!! I am really worried about Robert. Poor guy will be lost without me, well without my cooking. He expresses this to me daily! LOL! So, I am going to stock him up on frozen meals that hopefully he will be able to make. Fingers crossed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


My random thought for the day: Sandra Lee

This woman makes my head hurt! I used to think that it was soooo cute how she always matched all of her decor to the theme of the show. Just precious. Now, I feel like vomiting. Ok, that was a little dramatic, but seriously. Not kidding. Hobby Lobby must be making a fortune off of this woman! For those of you that have seen her show know what I am talking about. Not to mention, her so-called "Cocktail Time" might as well be a 2 bottles of vodka and a splash of lime. She basically reminds me of June Cleaver on acid... ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment