Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Big Kid


Last Monday, Thompson started school. He is doing the Preppy-K program through the school district here on base.

So far, so good.

He had a great time last week and each day came home ready to go back again! They have a behavioral system where at the end of the day if you had a great day, you got to pick out a paper fish! Thompson was so proud of his fish. We were too! We knew that he was making great choices and listening to his teacher.

Well...

On Friday, Robert calls me to give me the rundown of how T's day went, what he ate, who he played with, etc. Before I could even ask, Robert tells me that Thompson did not get a fish. I was furious! What did the child do that caused him to look bad in front of his teacher and classmates?!?!?!

He wouldn't stop talking! (I blame this on my Chatty-Cathy mother. She nor my son has never met a stranger! They will talk to everyone!) He also wouldn't quit messing with the kids. I kind of laughed but then was still upset that he hadn't listened to his teacher.

So after a lengthy conversation of why we listen to our teacher and keep our hands to ourselves, we sent him off for another day of school.

Praying he comes home with a fish. :)




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment