Monday, April 22, 2013

Hey guys!

We are on day 4 of the cleanse phase! So far, so good! I wanted to share some recipes and foods that I have found helpful.

Of course, fruits! Apples are probably the best for the cleanse, but I have been eating frozen peaches, tangerines, bananas, and strawberries. We love almonds, carrots with hummus (no extra oils), avacados, and hard boiled eggs.

I made a chicken veggie soup which was delicious! Here's the recipe...

Chicken Veggie Soup

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
2 zucchini squash
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 cup celery
1.5 cups carrots (sliced or chopped)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans green beans (I use French style)
1 carton low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil

Chop veggies and then sautée in olive oil in a large stock pot until tender. Add seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, green beans, and chicken stock.

Bring to a boil and add chicken. Simmer soup until ready to serve.

I also have made some guacamole that I ate with carrots. It's not chips, but gives that "crunch" that I love! So good!

Off to have another snack and my SPARK drink. :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment